One of the best times of the year! December always brings a month of brain scratching from World of O with the daily navigation challenge. The link is at the bottom for you to try yourself.
How it works:
You are shown a map –
And, your challenge is to plot your route from (in this case) CP 3 to CP4 and offer some rationalisation for your choices. You can then compare your route to all the others that have been submitted.
If you want to check it out first the link is here
Otherwise my solution is coming next
My thinking on this is
- to drop perpendicular to the contours until I hit the stream.
- Fording the stream stay on that contour until I reach the trail
- once on the trail I have a definite location (even though short) which leads me from the next junction
- contouring around to miss most of the scramble and hopefully staying on more runnable ground even though I have to lose and regain height again.
- the final approach is the hardest to identify as a definite though I’m again using contours and what I hope is identifiable land-shape to guide me in the right direction until I hit CP
Have a go and let us know how you got on in comments or on social media.