Our entry is in.
It will be 5 years since the team last raced together at ITERA 2016.
5 years since Mike’s serious injury, yet we still finished the race.
5 years since we belly laughed, cried and stormed around the West of Ireland
5 years older. Bigger kids, travel, jobs changes, responsibilities. Life!!
We can’t wait!!
The event will be a 5 day nonstop adventure race for mixed sex teams of 4. Including running / trekking, mountain biking and kayaking. The event will run from the 14th – 21st August 2021.
We have designed a race format and course that will allow all the teams to finish (although to be fair that did thwart us in 2019). The race will be achievable yet challenging to all levels. We are not planning to design the hardest adventure race ever, in fact quite the opposite; we want it to be fun, interesting and an accessible event. Every night we will provide access to warm and dry shelter.
An amazing journey through Scotland!
- 2 sets of maps of fully marked up Ordnance Survey maps for each team
- Logistics to move your kit and bikes around the course – historically these events have had around 10 stages with a mixture of paddling, MTBing and trekking.
- Sportident electronic timing
- Live Tracking along with a portal with Leaderboard, photos, news items and videos so friends can see how you are getting on.
- Post event buffet
- Event T-shirt
- Event base for you to sort your kit out, register and be part of event briefing
- Event photos for you to share post event (you won’t need to pay for these).
- A fair and competitive event, we will be adopting the ARWS rules and will have a race referee on the event.
- Event bibs
Saturday 14th midday registration
Sunday 15th kit prep
Monday 16th race starts
Friday 20th race finishes
Friday 20th Evening – reception / prize giving.
Saturday 21st competitors depart