Fit & Fast(er) for 2021

A place for you to log your training as a diary
RunningMatters

Re: Fit & Fast(er) for 2021

Post by RunningMatters »

MCOS wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:16 pm Concept 2 season goes from May to June
50k a week! No probs. Your C2 1million club cert will be a nice Xmas gift to yourself
That's what I was thinking :D

Will use that as the lure to keep me cracking on .
MCOS

Post by MCOS »

Don't focus on weight at all. Just keep up the consistency and make good food choices.

Lol live row xmas eve morning. 21k TT, I'll pace you!
RunningMatters

Post by RunningMatters »

I was thinking marathon .... ;)
MCOS

Post by MCOS »

;) Your on!
RunningMatters

Week 42

Post by RunningMatters »

Monday

Morning
Bike: damp morning on the school run with Rachel. She loved cycling to school now. Dropped her off and did my loop back over the hill for 01:20 and 20.5km

Afternoon
Run: afternoon run with dead legs. Just no voomph for the majority but lovely to get out and on the hill for a bit.
01:04 10.15km with some elevation too.

Tuesday

Morning
Bike: battery dead on the watch so manual record. Both cycling this morning which was a win.
01:25 23km

Afternoon
Row 1: 01:00 14,241m hit the last 12 minute segment and did a minute on and off alternating. Kept stroke rate high and power / speed <2:00min per 500
Row 2: 35mins 8,000m at 20spm easy

I attended a webinar on planned cycling routes though the south county and got back on the rower to ease out the legs and put me through 600k for the new machine
RunningMatters

Post by RunningMatters »

MCOS wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:40 pm;) Your on!
CRAP!! :lol:
RunningMatters

Re: Week 42

Post by RunningMatters »

Wednesday

Evening
Run: nice jog around the park while young fellow was at rugby training

Thursday
Morning
Bike: cycle to school with daughter. She's really enjoying the time and laughs at the amount of people stuck in cars. Starting to develop real sense of road awareness which is great to see.

Evening
Row: last day of the Fall Team Challenge so between myself and Mike we'd a loose agreement to finish it out breaking 800k as our team total - I planned a half and he'd have a 10k to wrap it up.
I sat on with intention of doing a half but without the pressure of time or pace, just row, so set the clock at 2hrs and put on Goliath on Prime (a good series I've just started watching about a legal team taking on the big guys)
As I rowed through 21k ~01:35 ready to stop, an episode had just ended also, my phone screen flashed with messages in the group. A quick glance and I knew I'd have to keep rowing :)
I couldn't remember where we were in terms of numbers but knew it was around 30k needed so I finished the 2hrs, checked the log saw 1.6k was needed and got back on :D
As I rowed through 1.6, I felt a round number was better so went to 2k and then was thinking "how far off 30k for the day am I?" :lol:
C2 log 2hr.jpg
C2 log 2hr.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 47 times
I got off!!

Team Challenge completed and we broke the 800k. I had flash backs to Mike & Noel teasing me back out for a final lap at Mizuno 24hr "you know that's 94miles we're at?"
FTC.jpg
FTC.jpg (33.81 KiB) Viewed 47 times
RunningMatters

Re: Week 42

Post by RunningMatters »

Friday

Morning
Bike: just the morning school run with both kids ~20k spin

Took evening off. My foot has been tender again post run and with the Mourne Skyline run cancelled I planned to do a virtual session / race for Saturday. Laid out gear, food and water bladder with a small pack ready for off early in the morning. The best I could get locally without any driving was up and down to the leadmines from the village. This would give me elevation and distance IF I did 9 repeats.

Saturday
Kids were planned swimming and their mum was doing the drop & run.
I was free to wake early to rise and ready to run. Paid visit to the loo and went back to bed. Woke up again at 8am, looked at phone, snuggled up for 40 winks and woke at 12:20 :D

Spent afternoon with kids and all notions of running out the window. To be fair the past week I've felt a bit bedraggled and its not training. Its the usual seasons change affecting me which will be compounded by the clock change shortly :cry:

Sunday
Did rugby with Ruaidhri and chilled for the day with the kids.

Inaugural ARI meeting in the evening to attend and that's the end of the week. Another solid 11-12 hours of training and a longest session on the rower to add to the experience.
RunningMatters

Week 43

Post by RunningMatters »

First weigh in for a few weeks and still 92kg. Happy with that as I have steadied at that level despite up and down volumes of training. Time to push this week and get it moving down again, then lock it in.

We don't know what is going to happen re lockdowns so as far as possible I will continue to cycle to school with the kids - weather is getting a little restless which is fine for me but not kids in wet clothes for school. Will look at options for wet gear for them.
Keep the rowing volume up - aim for one longer and one short per day wrapped around other activities.
Yoga and strength I have neglected and feel the tightness creeping back in so need to hit that again consistently. I can tie foam rolling in with this and address the foot tightness properly.
Running get the program back on track, I've missed the longer run two weeks in a row by allowing other things get in the way.
MCOS

Post by MCOS »

I had flash backs to Mike & Noel teasing me back out for a final lap at Mizuno 24hr "you know that's 94miles we're at?"

OMG the laughing. I don't think I've ever laughed so much on any event :lol: :lol:

Decent week there and kudos for pulling the team over the 800k for the Fall Team Challenge. Little sis I know my Bro was doing likewise. Very interesting the Tunney is getting one! Real dark, rainy week this week so it will be testing to keep up the same volume, focus etc.