Fit & Fast(er) for 2021

A place for you to log your training as a diary
RunningMatters

Re: Fit & Fast(er) for 2021

Post by RunningMatters »

MCOS wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:27 am OMG the laughing. I don't think I've ever laughed so much on any event :lol: :lol:
I've never had pains in my stomach like it. Could have held a 10 minute plank after that core workout :D :D
RunningMatters

Re: Week 43

Post by RunningMatters »

RunningMatters wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:03 am Best laid plans and all that
Disaster of a week. Was needed on site as we don't have crew. Very frustrating to see such disorganised chaos. None of the planned systems are being implemented. Very annoying.

Made the most of it though. Was physical work, erecting camera towers etc so highlight was a 100m farmers carry of 60kg weights rather than throwing into truck.

Did manage some rowing and a bit of running. Nothing like I'd prefer.

Need to do some heavy lifting and look for a new role.
MCOS

Post by MCOS »

Early morning habit helps.. these weeks happen. You've been consistent so back to it this week.

Fingers crossed something pops up
RunningMatters

Post by RunningMatters »

Been another miserable week thus far.

Lot of work related stress at the moment being pulled and dragged on different projects with no clear end sight or importantly no clear restoration of the 40% pay cuts that were implemented. Been meeting clients on my own and feel very positive about the reaction, being frustrated by unclear comms from colleagues, been considering restarting my own start up landscaping again, been considering a sales and business development role with an old friend - good business but have my doubts about working with a friend in this way.

Season and clock have me completely shook. Not sleeping properly - I know exercise will help but too shattered and head cluttered to manage the consistency I had. Very much chicken and egg stuff cause and effect.

Not whinging, I ultimately control all and my responsibility to address. Just a slumpy time of year for me, kinda always been that way.

I'm doing what I can when I can exercise wise which is not much but on the very positive side - weight is stable and end of year goal for both weight and rowing is still insight. I just can't let the lack of rowing go too much longer or all of Christmas week will be sitting on a C2 ;)
MCOS

Post by MCOS »

Hey I'll give you a call over the weekend when you are free. Just do something everyday and it will help the mindset. Even 30 mins run, row, walk.. or even better get out onto the hills. I'll call Kate too, still very quiet.
RunningMatters

Post by RunningMatters »

It never fails to surprise me how much a long commute takes out of your day both physically, mentally and chronologically.

Despite having the C2 in the garage returning after a 12 hour work day which generally includes 200km of driving i am just flaked and totally unwilling to do anything other than eat and fall asleep.

In good news, body weight hasn't changed, I enjoy the physical aspect of the work I am doing, the challenge of delivering on a new business development project - the things I am good at and have pride in doing. The negative is the absolute encumberance of a team which questions and offers unsolictied opinions on everything.

By chance my MD appeared in the workshop on Thursday - I haven't seen him in weeks and he hasn't see the work or understood the throughput I have been doing pretty much on my own. Despite telling my line manager what I need (for weeks) and not getting it, MD saw it right away and was "what can I do to help?"

I got a chance to have a private conversation where I was able to outline MY vision for the booth project and how I would exit from it to lead other business areas for him through 2021 while monitoring and developing a team for booths. He sees I get it and will back me.

I also, in the nicest possible way, told him that while I have this vision and ability, unless wages come back in line in January I will not be able to afford to remain and develop this for him. We're now 5 months past the advised 3 months I could carry a hit and despite explaining in the summer that I needed to amend my work week in line with salary to cover off incurred costs I did not get the support.

My point has been made, I don't expect any change before Christmas, it will be lean and I can use the break period (none of us had any time off during the summer) to recharge myself and peek around for other work. It will be disappointing to leave however I've always been of the mindset in my jobs that I am there to improve a situation and when I outlive my usefulness or contributions to change are not valued its my time to move. I will never sit in a role for the sake of an income.